||This application form is for October 2019 A Level (or equivalent) GSK Work Experience in GSK Barnard Castle ONLY
Applications close midnight 30th September - this also includes receiving a teachers reference for your application
Please fully read this page before applying
Before applying, please ensure;
- You can safely get to the site of your placement before 9am each day - please note it is the student’s responsibility to get to/from their placement safely and responsibly and we do not offer reimbursement for travel, accommodation or meals occurred as part of the programme.
- You can attend during the dates advertised - please you check the dates of our programmes align with your school’s half term dates, especially for non-local students applying.
- You have a responsible point of contact within an hour of the placement site
Application Advice and Tips:
- It’s a good idea to write your answers in a word document first then copy them into the online form – that was you won’t lose your work and you’ll have it to refer to
- We are looking for students who have a genuine interest in GSK and the work we do – make sure you tell us what interests you about us and the work we do
- We also require a teacher's reference as part of your application - it will not be considered until we receive this - please ask your teacher to complete a separate survey
- Please double check the contact details you enter – especially your email address. If we are unable to reach you, we may have to offer your place on the programme to another applicant
Please note, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback on your application if you aren’t successful due to the volume of applications we receive
The placement will provide an overview of how GSK operates, and give students a general understanding of potential careers on site. Due to the nature of the work in the pharmaceutical company, it will not be possible for the students to carry out work, but tours, presentations, and work simulation exercises will be provided to give the students an insight into roles within the company. By undertaking this programme you will obtain an Industrial Cadet Award via EDT - this is an external nationally recognised award and great for your CV - you can read more about the programme and award here.
You can read further information here which explains what personal information we collect, how we obtain the information, how we use your personal information and on what basis, your rights to opt out, review, update or remove your information (and have your data withdrawn from our database), and who to contact should you wish to exercise such rights. By continuing to complete this survey you are agreeing that you understand these conditions.